The Universität Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master’s programme beginning in autumn 2010/11.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master’s programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master’s programmes offered at our university, please contact the concerned Department directly.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic excellence and the candidate’s potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2010 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the wished field of study
* This Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant’s file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form
* Curriculum vitae
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* Letter of recommendation from a professor of your current home university
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German, if the study programme requires such.
* Certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor ‘s studies or confirmation by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2010 (with list of grades obtained up to now)
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master’s course.
Applicant’s files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 18, 2009 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2010/11 the grant will be given to six new Master’s students. The University receives many more applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
amelie.merkel@ int.unibe. ch
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
[preluare modificata: ro_ist]